Friday, January 8, 2016

When you think all you're getting is crap. STOP and look back

I returned to my dorm room unimpressed and readily depressed upon the thought of beginning a new semester of studies. Cleaning, unpacking, and untangling what I had brought and left behind, I began and ended a chat with a good friend. She is mostly an opposite. Always a story, always living in amazement of life, and always ready to share. Thanking God for our friendship I pressed the red button and returned to my room. I was cleaning out. The box was already full with "give-aways" and yet I knew I was merely making a mark. I had asked her to guess what I was doing. "Unpacking and listening to Jana Kramer," was the guess. One of them was correct. "I am also cleaning out and making a pile of things to give away in case I can't pay for this semester and have to leave in a hurry." 

Cleaning out a sandy bag, from one of my last visits to the Atlantic, I stood over the trash bin shaking out bits of paper, old hair scrunchies, and bent bobby pins.

I pulled the bill out.

Falling to my knees I prayed, rejoiced, thanked, asked for forgiveness for my unbelief.

After all He's done: 


1) Saved me the $100 fee for late registration by completing requirements at the beginning of the fall semester.

2) Scholarships came through, financial aid

3) Generous friends and church family

4) Letters and boxes of support

5) I prayed and He gave me my request of a worship dance group

6) I prayed and He gave me friends and family

7) Opportunities, upon opportunities

8) Reunions, unexpected and long awaited

9) Freedom to choose to doubt Him


"No, we do not need gas money."

"Would you like a place to stay tonight?"

"Here is a little something to help with school."

"I have a question for you..."


And the blessings continue to rain down. 

Lord, keep making me by breaking me. May I be Your servant. I am excited to continue on this journey with you as we start this new semester, this new year. Use me, Lord!




~BlueSalad~

1 comment:

  1. Amen Bluann, God is with you and keep looking up with every obstacle that may come your way. Remember God is there with you! You are not alone. He is just a prayer away. Keep your wonderful faith. Love your website. :)

    ReplyDelete