Thursday, February 20, 2014

Laughter amidst the noise

Another morning spent at a cafe. I am working on---STOP EMAILING ME!!!!! pops up ding Ding on my notifications. I quickly delete the unhappy recipient from my contacts list and continue on to writing/typing and of course the very important business of trying to stay awake while sitting cross legged at a very warm cafe with one leg falling asleep.

I have been driving a lot this week. All the way to Gloucester and back two times in one week. I've also gotten paid so the only natural thing to do would be spend it all on food! I cleaned my room, mostly my drawers. I have been told that the condition of your room reflects onto your life. I believe that is true. Not only of your room but your appearance, your studies...speaking of studies...

I took two no three tests this week! Two in espanol and one in biology. Surprisingly, or perhaps sadly since starting community college I have become more unmotivated in my studies. I no longer am doing my best, studying my hardest for the tests. I feel like I am learning despite this. Although, I no longer cram like crazy for a test, I do my best in class to understand the material. All of my time outside of class is devoted to other activities. "Other activities" And because of this lack of motivation and laziness I am calling it, I have decided to scold myself starting NOW and begin doing better!
I have it in me! I know how to study! I can dedicate more of my time to actually studying the material out of class, at---home. I can do this.

In times like these I wish I was taking an English class. I like thinking abstractly and I miss the reflection that an English class brings. Spanish and Biology has been very eye opening in a different way. I am actually learning really interesting information that will help me. However, some of it is so tangible I long for the fluffiness and clouds rather than the hard, rock earth I've been given.
I miss writing papers. I enjoy the writing process.

"What are you studying towards in school?" asks my general manager. "Business." This is what I want to do. Manage. Plan. Create. Direct. A year ago I wanted to edit videos. Before that it was teaching. I am teaching and I am editing videos. I am directing and managing in several places. I feel like it would be a great challenge to become a shift manager at work, study more about numbers, and business in general.
Yes. Management. Business.
AND

Right now this is laughter amidst the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment