Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jan 15-My Uncles

I want to introduce you to my Uncles-my mom's bros.
During this trip to Guam, I have come to know them a little bit better.
And I have seen a snippet more to add to my collection of snippets of memories of them.

Uncle Steve
1/4 The oldest
JOB-entails setting up snake traps and chasing birds away at the International Airport in Guam
INTERESTS-reading (there is this big shelf in their house that is stacked with hard and paper backed novels)
MARRIED- to Aunt Elaine whose jobs have included: elementary school teacher, daycare center owner, and karaoke bar owner

Uncle Fred
2/4 the second oldest
JOB-Captain of a tour boat "Real World Diving" that takes out (mostly Japanese) tourists on a tour of the island waters where they can chase dolphins, snorkle, and fish for tropical fishes
INTERESTS-he lives in a shack with an outdoor kitchen, shower, and port o potty on "The Ranch"
SINGLE-he had a girlfriend when he visited us in VA but I don't know what happened

My Mom goes here in age order, perhaps I'll write a blog post about her?
3/4

Uncle Walt
4/4 the youngest
JOB-business person (I've always asked mom what he does but she has never actually clarified-"something in business" she always tells us)
INTERESTS-Complete with glasses, Uncle Walt is a geeky nerd.  He enjoys the more cultured side of life, however he is always ready to crack a joke and have some fun.
SINGLE-and thats the end of that

No comments:

Post a Comment